TrustedBSD Extensions Project

David Collier-Brown - Sun Canada davecb at scot.canada.sun.com
Wed Apr 12 23:06:57 GMT 2000

 stanislav shalunov <shalunov at att.com> wrote:
| Traditional unix filesystem semantic provides the capability of
| "including or excluding access to the granularity of a single user."
| Only root can do it,

	Could you expand on this? I've been around since v6,
	but I don't recollect seeing it...

| It *explicitly* gives an example self/group/others as access control
| scheme for a B1 system.  Do you say after that that it's not enough?

	No, I said that Waterloo's self/group/other sufficed to
	provide the permit/dent bits for single users other than
	the owner, but the subset provided by Unix doesn't.

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown in Boston
Phone: (781) 442-0734, Room BUR03-3632