PERFORCE change 63119 for review

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 23 23:12:36 GMT 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Robert Watson wrote:

> I spent a few minutes this afternoon getting the kernel building without
> AUDIT compiled in, and also hooking up some of the BSM libraries and
> tools to the build.  One of the snags I've run into, though, is that the
> FreeBSD build system gets a little upset with the fact that the libbsm
> sources include "bsm/foo.h", but foo.h is actually in the "bsm/lib"
> directory.  I've prodded Mark Murray (CC'd) who has worked on the
> Kerberos and other odd vendor code imports into FreeBSD, and has
> suggested he might have some ideas to work around this.
>
> It's tempting to ask Apple if they could re-bundle the BSM drop to move
> the include files into a bsm sub-tree of the drop so that the build can
> be bootstrapped more easily.

Actually, it turns out this was our (my?) error -- we changed the
#include's in the libbsm .c files to include <bsm/libbsm.h>, which then
caused problems building the library with an uninstalled /usr/include/bsm.
I changed it back to <libbsm.h> and added the contrib/bsm/lib directory to
the include path when building libbsm and all is well.

I've hooked up some other BSM-related bits to the build, /etc/security,
and so on, and will try a buildworld to see whether most of the bits are
now in the right place or not.

robert at fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research