Audit Kernel Events, weekly report #10

Efstratios Karatzas gpf.kira at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 19:21:19 UTC 2010

I spent last week focusing on remaining tasks as well as bug hunting.

- introduced new tokens to Audit & libbsm due to new arguments being
audited for NFS
- altered libbsm & Audit so that NFS specific error codes are mapped
to the appropriate error messages
- found/fixed a few Audit bugs
- transformed 3 new man pages to the appropriate format
- updated wiki page with demos for NFSv3 & NFSv4

All and all, I deem this project 'complete', as far as gsoc is concerned.
There are of course stuff left to do: I need to pay another look to
NFS "OPEN", implement VOP_GETPARENT() & VFS_FHHINT() for more
filesystems, re-implement code after mentor review or changes to
experimental NFS server, a few minor changes here and there and then,
there are other kernel subsystems that require Audit support.
Besides the pending issue with "OPEN" (I'm gonna need Rick's help on
this, will send an e-mail), don't expect any significant changes
during the rest of August/September(= exam period). Come October, I'll
keep on coding for Audit & FreeBSD in general.

updated wiki page:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/SOC2010EfstratiosKaratzas

Peace out

--