Audit Kernel Events, weekly report #10

Dan O'Donnell odonnell at rand.org
Mon Aug 16 16:10:37 UTC 2010

On 8/9/10 12:21 PM, "Efstratios Karatzas" <gpf.kira at gmail.com> wrote:

> I spent last week focusing on remaining tasks as well as bug hunting.
>
> - introduced new tokens to Audit & libbsm due to new arguments being
> audited for NFS
> - altered libbsm & Audit so that NFS specific error codes are mapped
> to the appropriate error messages
> - found/fixed a few Audit bugs
> - transformed 3 new man pages to the appropriate format
> - updated wiki page with demos for NFSv3 & NFSv4
>
> All and all, I deem this project 'complete', as far as gsoc is concerned.
> There are of course stuff left to do: I need to pay another look to
> NFS "OPEN", implement VOP_GETPARENT() & VFS_FHHINT() for more
> filesystems, re-implement code after mentor review or changes to
> experimental NFS server, a few minor changes here and there and then,
> there are other kernel subsystems that require Audit support.
> Besides the pending issue with "OPEN" (I'm gonna need Rick's help on
> this, will send an e-mail), don't expect any significant changes
> during the rest of August/September(= exam period). Come October, I'll
> keep on coding for Audit & FreeBSD in general.
>
> updated wiki page:
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/SOC2010EfstratiosKaratzas

Efrastios,

These sound good, particularly the audit bugs and new tokens.

I looked at the link provided and followed it out but I must have missed the
documentation. Can you provide a direct link?

Thanks,

Dan O'Donnell

may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.