'Live' Migrate messes up NTP on FreeBSD domU - any suggestions?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 14:58:31 UTC 2016

--On 29 July 2016 10:29 +0200 Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau at citrix.com> wrote:

> Hello Karl and Christian, I have the following patches that solve all the
> issues I've seen with live migration, with those I've been able to
> migrate a  VM > 100 times without seeing any issues. Could you give them
> a try?
>
> BTW, I haven't been able to reproduce Karl's crash ("called with 0
> available  queues"), but I've added a condition that should prevent it
> from triggering  anyway. Patches are here:
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D7349
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D7362
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D7363
>
> It doesn't really matter in which order you apply them as long as both 3
> are  applied. Ideally I would like to commit them on Monday, so that I
> can MFC  them to stable/11 before the releng/11 branch, could you please
> provide some  feedback before then?

Patched, and have been running migrations back & forth between two pool
members all day (must have done ~100), time has stayed in sync - and I've
not experienced any panics.

This is on the same VM as before - I've also tried leaving more heavy
network processes running in the background, and still seems Ok.

Regards,

-Karl