ports && 10-CURRENT

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue May 28 18:35:19 UTC 2013

El día Sunday, May 26, 2013 a las 06:03:53PM +0200, Niclas Zeising escribió:

> > X.Org X Server 1.7.7
> > Release Date: 2010-05-04
> > X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
> > Build Operating System: FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT i386
> > Current Operating System: FreeBSD La-Habana 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD
> > 10.0-CURRENT #0 r250588: Mon May 13 22:01:51 UTC 2013
> > guru at Perlach:/home/guru/head/obj/usr/home/guru/head/src/sys/GENERIC i386
> > Build Date: 26 May 2013  03:23:12PM
> >
> > Current version of pixman: 0.28.2
> >         Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
> >         to make sure that you have the latest version.
> > Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
> >         (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
> >         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
> > (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sun May 26 16:40:34 2013
> > (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
> > Segmentation fault at address 0x0
> >
> > Fatal server error:
> > Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
> >
> > on a second start it came up fine; this (first crash / second fine)
> > seems to be reproduceable);
>
> Can you try to provide a backtrace or similar?  Also, do you have a log
> file from the successful attempt.  There seem to be a null-pointer
> dereference somewhere in there, but this can be hard to find.  Also, can
> you provide kldstat before and after a start, both when it crashes and
> when it doesn't?

Hello,

I will come back during the next days with the requested debug
information; I only was a bit busy during the last days (I still not
have a working kde4 desktop again, there are so many compile issues with
clang now :-( )

I'm facing as well seg fault crashes after many hours of uptime, and I
have a path to make it crash when I go with firefox 21 to the screens of
the stored passwords, it nearly every time will crash when the window
with all the stored URL's / userid will come up and twm ask me to place
the window onto the desktop...

should I just attach a gdb from a SSH session to the Xserver, or
anything else?

Thx and please stay tuned

	matthias

--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  - Never being an iSlave
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments, no HTML/RTF in E-mail
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards