[HEADS UP] switch default xorg version in 9.1 and later

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 19:38:14 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Anton Shterenlikht <mexas at bris.ac.uk>wrote:

>         Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 21:00:57 +0200
>         From: Niclas Zeising <zeising at freebsd.org>
>
>         It is time to switch the default version of xorg on FreeBSD 9.1 and
>         later, including CURRENT.

Great work, Im all for progress, but in general what is "legacy hardware"
how are users of the binary nvidia driver effected?
eg im confused if I have a recent nvidia card Eg 560 series, does the "new"
xorg work as expected or is this legacy hardware because it does not
support KMS?
so far as I know KMS for intel is in 9.1 and there is some sort of start on
KMS for ATI in HEAD... but nothing yet for Nvidia.

--

Sam Fourman Jr.