resetting alpha console

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 00:46:37 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I investigating Xorg server crashes with gdb via SSH, but this is here
> not the question, only the background; when the Xorg server crashes, the
> alpha console from where it was started (and all others) are in an
> unreadable picture (only coloured stripes, nothing to see); the console
> is still working fine, for example I just can use CURSOR-UP and ENTER to
> restart the 'startx' and X comes up fine on the F9-screen; is there some
> way to reset the video output for the alpha consoles to some good state
> again?
>
> Thanks
>
>         matthias

Please supply your system and graphics card information. Without that, it's
just a guessing game.  With that it may still just be a guessing game, but
more information will at least limit the scope of the guesses. Also X
server version and build options (WITH_NEW_XORG, WITH_KMS, etc.)

--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com