resetting alpha console

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sat Jun 15 16:23:00 UTC 2013

Hello,

I investigating Xorg server crashes with gdb via SSH, but this is here
not the question, only the background; when the Xorg server crashes, the
alpha console from where it was started (and all others) are in an
unreadable picture (only coloured stripes, nothing to see); the console
is still working fine, for example I just can use CURSOR-UP and ENTER to
restart the 'startx' and X comes up fine on the F9-screen; is there some
way to reset the video output for the alpha consoles to some good state
again?

Thanks

	matthias
--