[Solved] [Call for Testing] X.org 7.5 for FreeBSD - Synaptics Touchpad - Dell Adamo 13

Brandon Gooch jamesbrandongooch at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 14:54:49 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 1:29 AM, Brandon Gooch
<jamesbrandongooch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fresh install of FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT r205399, installed Xorg 7.5:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2010-March/009459.html
>
> My Synaptics Touchpad is not recognized. Worked great with 9.0-CURRENT
> (from earlier this month) and version 1.1.2 and 1.1.2_1 of the port.
>
> I seem to remember it breaking sometime before (can't remember when)
> due to an update to 1.2.1 (?). I guess the driver version was
> downgraded in ports and things worked well again.
>
> Thanks for the hard work!
>
> -Brandon

Replying to my own message...

The problem was that I forgot to copy my Synaptics HAL policy file to
/usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/policy/ -- this is the only way to get my
Synaptics touchpad working in these modern, post-xorg.conf times [1]
:(

Sorry for the noise, and thanks again for everyone's hard work!

-Brandon

[1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Touchpad_Synaptics#Advanced_policy_configuration