[Call for Testing] X.org 7.5 for FreeBSD

Martin Wilke miwi at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 11 13:44:16 UTC 2010

Call for Testing Xorg 7.5

Howdy!

We're happy to announce that Xorg 7.5 is ready
for public testing.

The ATI and Intel drivers were patched to work with
the new server, please report any problems to us!
The drivers for Vesa, NV and NVIDIA have been tested
thoroughfully and seem to work fine.

A note to FreeBSD 6.X users: Unfortunately you'll have
to compile gcc 4.2+ first because the X.org Team doesn't
support gcc 3.X longer, We're strongly recommand you to
update your System to 7.X or above.

Please take a look on our Wikipage. There you can find
the svn repo to checkout X.org ports.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/ModularXorg/7.5

A small merge script to merge the svn checkout into the real
portstree could be found here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge

The script is a modified version of the kdemerge script.
Please set the KDEDIR variable to the path of your X.org
ports.

After merging please try

portupgrade -af \*
portmaster -af

Please report any problems and issus to x11 (at) FreeBSD.org.

Thanks to beat@, rnoland@, fluffy@ for their help.

Happy Updating!

- - Martin

- --

|  PGP    : 0xB1E6FCE9  |  Jabber : miwi(at)BSDCrew.de  |
|  Skype  : splash_111  |  Mail   : miwi(at)FreeBSD.org |
|	Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest!		|