X pausing until mouse move (collecting commonalities)

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 01:08:06 PDT 2008

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Matthew Seaman wrote:

>>   * Apply the patch to sysutils/hal you Joe Marcus Clarke posted
>>     else-thread.  This had no discernable effect.
>
> Which patch?  The first one or the second one?  The current one is 19996
> bytes.  After applying it, you would need to restart hald, then restart X.

Uh -- this version:

lack-of-gravitas:/tmp:% ls -la hal.diff
-rw-r--r--  1 matthew  wheel  18650 Mar 27 12:55 hal.diff

I see you've updated the patch since -- I give the latest a try shortly.

>>   * Disable hald in /etc/rc.conf and turn it off.  Again, no obvious
>>     effect.
>>
>>   * Recompile x11-servers/xorg-server and toggle off the HAL support
>>     in OPTIONS.
>
> If hal was the problem, disabling hald, then rebooting (or shutting down
> hald then restarting X) should have fixed this as well.

Hmmm... I can't honestly say for certain, but I am pretty sure I tried
restarting the X server (Ctrl-Alt-Backspace) at each stage.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       Flat 3
                                                      7 Priory Courtyard