(OT) X pausing until mouse move (collecting commonalities)

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 00:00:53 PDT 2008

Coleman Kane wrote:
> Matthew Seaman wrote:

>> Bingo.  Everything is nice and fast again and I don't have to wiggle the
>> mouse to enter text.  Unfortunately Thunderbird seems to have lost
>> contact
>> with Enigmail[*] as a result of these changes and I'm sure there are a
>> few other
>> things that aren't working quite right (but then I'm the old-school type
>> that regards a mouse as a tool used to select which xterm gets the
>> keyboard
>> focus.)

> Thunderbird seems to not work with enigmail for me since the upgrade to
> TB 2.0.0.12. The engimail people seem intent on blaming everyone else
> for not using "official copies" of ThunderBird, but I cannot seem to get
> it to work even if I follow their special directions for building the
> software from within mail/thunderbird/work after a new TB build/install
> (without running make clean). Their whole argument about this being "my
> fault" for using an "unofficial version" of TB smells to me, but I
> suppose I could always go and fix the problem myself. I don't even know
> what the actual error is that causes this to occur.

Yeah.  The interaction between Thunderbird and Enigmail seems a bit flakey
at best.  I've seen it go out, then a few days later when I've got some time
to investigate, updating ports and recompiling everything (portupgrade -fR enigmail\*)
to ensure a good baseline --- well, that seems to bring it back.  I've
certainly got enigmail working with 2.0.0.12 at the moment on one machine,
and it was working fine on the other with that combo too.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3
                                                  Kent, CT11 9PW