ports/106370: Screen corruption when using Direct Rendering on a PCIe x800

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Fri Sep 14 12:52:07 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 20:59 +0200, Uwe Laverenz wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 09:24:21AM -0400, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>
> > The original bug with the screen corruption is definitely fixed (though
> > it doesn't look like there have been many DRM changes in -CURRENT
> > lately, so I'm not sure what actually fixed it).
>
> So the bug probably still exists in 6.x I guess?

Probably, though I can't confirm that.

>  I experienced screen
> corruption with dri and FreeBSD 6.2 on a Thinkpad T43p, which also has
> PCIe and an ATI GPU. My understanding was, that it's probably a bug in
> ati_pcigart.c and that there is not much hope that this would be fixed
> in 6.x?

It doesn't seem to be an issue with all ATI PCIe cards and motherboard
combinations, but I'm still not sure what was triggering the problem.
And Eric Anholt did believe, at least at one point when I first opened
the pr, that it was because of problems with ati_pcigart.c.