ports/106370: Screen corruption when using Direct Rendering on a PCIe x800

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Mon Sep 17 06:39:11 PDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 03:52:04PM -0400, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

> Probably, though I can't confirm that.

I found the time to test it again today.

Thinkpad T43p with ATI FireGL V3200 (RV370) and PCIe, Xorg 7.3:

- FreeBSD 6.2: immediate screen corruption when X ist started

- FreeBSD -STABLE: same as 6.2

- FreeBSD -CURRENT (september snapshot): X works, but but the windows of
  GL applications show black content (tested with glxgears, crack-attack)

So it seems there are 2 bugs, as you already wrote: the first one brings
corrupted screens on 6.x with ATI/PCIe/Xorg when dri is enabled, the
second one blackens OpenGL window contents.

Uwe