Indirect Rendering on Xorg 7.2 and other problems

Novembre novembre at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 01:54:14 UTC 2007

I also have the problem of the ALT key not working when using XkbLayout
option in xorg.conf. I'm using Xfce 4.4.1_1 on top of X.org 7.2 on top of
FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE, and when i set

Option     "XkbLayout"     "us,ir"
Option     "XkbOptions"    "grp:alt_shift_toggle"

single ALT keys do not work, and I mean not just in changing the layout, but
anywhere! For example, ALT-TAB which should change the current window does
not work anymore. I have found out that in this case, i.e. using XkbLayout,
if I press both ALTs at the same time, it'll do work! So,
LEFTALT-RIGHTALT-TAB changes the current window, and LEFTALT-RIGHTALT-SHIFT
changes the layout. I have no idea why, and I see no reason why, since I
told X that the layout needs to be changed when I press only ONE of the ALT
keys and the SHIFT key. It's very troublesome, and I don't want to hold down
both ALTs instead of just one of them.

Thanks