Indirect Rendering on Xorg 7.2 and other problems

Sereno Ternullo serenoternullo at virgilio.it
Fri Jun 29 13:10:40 UTC 2007

Novembre ha scritto:

> I also have the problem of the ALT key not working when using
> XkbLayout option in xorg.conf. I'm using Xfce 4.4.1_1 on top of X.org
> <http://X.org> 7.2 on top of FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE, and when i set
>
> Option     "XkbLayout"     "us,ir"
> Option     "XkbOptions"    "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
>
> single ALT keys do not work, and I mean not just in changing the
> layout, but anywhere! For example, ALT-TAB which should change the
> current window does not work anymore. I have found out that in this
> case, i.e. using XkbLayout, if I press both ALTs at the same time,
> it'll do work! So, LEFTALT-RIGHTALT-TAB changes the current window,
> and LEFTALT-RIGHTALT-SHIFT changes the layout. I have no idea why, and
> I see no reason why, since I told X that the layout needs to be
> changed when I press only ONE of the ALT keys and the SHIFT key. It's
> very troublesome, and I don't want to hold down both ALTs instead of
> just one of them.
>

> Thanks

Hi Novembre,
on my computer the problem of the ALT keys was caused by the new layout
of the lib and etc files of Xorg. I had used mergebase, but it had
failed for unknown reasons.

I solved that problem this way:

( more details on /usr/ports/UPDATING  )

# cd /usr/X11R6/
# cp -R * /usr/local/
# cd ..
# mv X11R6{,.old}