Fishing for some glues to find the problem

Sat Jun 23 09:38:56 UTC 2007

Quoting "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd at over-yonder.net> (Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:42:06 -0500):

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 06:40:24PM +0200 I heard the voice of
> Alexander Leidinger, and lo! it spake thus:
> >
> > [...] it bailed out because of a symlink
> > /usr/local/share/X11/xkb/compiled -> /var/lib/SOMETHING. I don't
> > exactly remember what SOMETHING was, but /var/lib doesn't exist. I
> > removed the link and forcefully installed again and everything was
> > ok (and there's no symlink now after installing it).
>

> % ll /usr/local/share/X11/xkb/compiled
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  12 Jun 10 07:41 /usr/local/share/X11/xkb/compiled@ -> /var/lib/xkb
>
> % pkg_which /usr/local/share/X11/xkb/compiled
> xkeyboard-config-0.9_3
>
> (and I do have a /var/lib/xkb/, with just a README in it)

I also have the readme. But xorg-server installed it after I removed
the directory. Do we have a problem/conflict here?

Is /var/lib ok from a hier(8) point of view?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
... The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get
to know each other.