Fishing for some glues to find the problem

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Jun 22 20:42:08 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 06:40:24PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Alexander Leidinger, and lo! it spake thus:

> [...] it bailed out because of a symlink
> /usr/local/share/X11/xkb/compiled -> /var/lib/SOMETHING. I don't
> exactly remember what SOMETHING was, but /var/lib doesn't exist. I
> removed the link and forcefully installed again and everything was
> ok (and there's no symlink now after installing it).

% ll /usr/local/share/X11/xkb/compiled
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  12 Jun 10 07:41 /usr/local/share/X11/xkb/compiled@ -> /var/lib/xkb

% pkg_which /usr/local/share/X11/xkb/compiled
xkeyboard-config-0.9_3

(and I do have a /var/lib/xkb/, with just a README in it)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net