XDMCP...

Anders Troback freebsd at troback.com
Thu Nov 30 06:17:02 PST 2006

Hi,

don't know if this the right list so bare with me!

I'm trying to access my server with XDM over the network. I already
have one server that I have been used for sometime now but I want to
have a spare one. If I run "Xnest -query newserver" I get the XDM logon
screen but when I enter my name and passwd the logon screen just comes
back!

In /var/log/messages I get this:

Nov 30 14:22:48 newserver xdm: pam_sm_close_session(): no utmp record
for 10.46.150.25:0

10.46.150.25 is my workstation...

Any ideas out there?!

Thanks!!!