www/118241: Doc update

Jeff Palmer jpalmer at totaldiver.net
Sat Nov 24 23:40:02 PST 2007

>Number:         118241
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       Doc update
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/support.html#IRC lists several IRC channels on various servers.  I'd like to add info for the ##FreeBSD channel on freenode's IRC network.

Channel ##FreeBSD on Freenode is a general help channel with about 300 users at any time. The conversations have been known to run off-topic for a while,  but priority is given to users with FreeBSD questions. We're good about helping you understand the basics, referring to the handbook whenever possible, and directing you where to learn more about the topic you need help with. We're a primarily english speaking channel, though we have users from all over the world. If you'd like to speak in your native language, try to ask the question in english and then relocate to another channel ##freebsd-<lang> as appropriate.