Requested changes to web page

eBoundHost: Artur artur at eboundhost.com
Sun Nov 25 19:10:04 PST 2007

Hello List,

I would like to submit a change to the following page:
http://www.freebsd.org/internal/fortunes.html

My request is that we replace the words
"Hitler quotes."
with the phrase
"The speaker of the quote is not to be the basis for categorizing the quote as offensive."

(quoted from Erik Osterholm freebsd-lists-erik at erikosterholm.org with his permission)

We have just had a conversation at freebsd-questions about this topic and it was pointed out that we need to have the hitler reference for the sake of keeping the quotes unfiltered, and I agree with the fact that we should not filter out quotes in the databased unless they are directly vulgar or offensive.  But my opinion is that having the "hitler quotes" on the front page, polarizes the topic and takes away from the entire project.

The suggested replacement is a much more effective and intelligent way of conveying this message.

Best Regards,

Artur
eBoundHost.com
http://www.eboundhost.com