new design feedback

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Wed Oct 5 08:56:28 PDT 2005

Emily Boyd <soc-emily at freebsd.org> wrote:

> > I have some early (perhaps too early? :) feedback.  Some pages don't
> > render as desired when viewed with Safari (maybe konqueror too) or
> > IE5.2 for Mac.  I built from perforce and cvs with same effect.
>
> Can you let me know if you're experiencing this problem on my site?
>
> http://beastie.emilyboyd.com/~emily/data/
>
> This is the latest version, and renders fine for me in both Safari and
> Konqueror.

With absolute sizes you are asking for trouble if the
user's default font size differs from your expectations.

With my usual settings the support link doesn't fit:
http://www.fabiankeil.de/tmp/new-freebsd.org-design-firefox-default-settings-612x459.jpg

With a slightly increased default font size it gets worse:
http://www.fabiankeil.de/tmp/new-freebsd.org-design-firefox-increased-font-size-612x459.jpg

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/