kern/163719: [ath] ath interface do not receive multicast

Matthieu Volat matthieu.volat at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 16:20:13 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR kern/163719; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matthieu Volat <matthieu.volat at gmail.com>
To: Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org>, bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/163719: [ath] ath interface do not receive multicast
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 17:06:01 +0100

 On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 07:50:01 -0800
 Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:

 > So where in the logfile did it stop working?

 I dumped the log as soon as I noticed I wasn't receiving multicast anymore, but I do see that there was no changes in the log messages after I started the capture (at this time, I was still receiving multicast message).

 I am a bit puzzled here, it seems that the multicast do work by intermitance, but I'm unable at this time to confirm what triggers the problem. Next week, I will try to do a small server/client couple that send/recv multicast message and logs with timestamps...

 --
 Matthieu Volat <matthieu.volat at gmail.com>