ath updates - please test

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 23 04:02:08 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've added a few patches to the ath driver. I'd appreciate some testing:

* I've attempted to mitigate the issue with concurrent reset/channel
change which has logged some 'danger!' messages. Let me know if you
see anything logged with the word "danger" in it.
* I've added a bit of code which logs what the RX completion
descriptor contents are if the rs_antenna field is invalid. Those with
AR9285's may have seen this - it panics your machine.
  Please compile with ATH_DEBUG and let me know what it says.

I've still got a long list of things to test and fix with the current
code so I'm still not yet comfortable flipping on 11n by default. If
you're able to test this code (hostap or station mode) then please,
flip on ATH_ENABLE_11N and all the debugging options and give it a
whirl.

Happy holidays!

adrian