stable/13 (PCI reset) yet to be identified regression

Harry Schmalzbauer freebsd at omnilan.de
Sat Mar 20 22:48:46 UTC 2021

Hello,

I'm suffering from a late minute regression with stable/13.
4 weeks ago I did pre-production tests with Windows Server VMs migrating
to bhyve.
Things went fine, a 82576 ppt Dual Ethernet card worked after installing
a specific driver version in Server 2012R2.

VMconfig nad host hardware is exaclty the same,
but with stable/13 from yesterday the XHCI USB hub is marked
non-functional in the Windows device manager with the hint "error during
reset"
and the passthrough NIC doesn"t work anymore -> looks like D3D0 or the
like initialization fails.  I'm not 100% sure for the XHCI hub issue,
but the NIC worked without problems some weeks ago.

Is anybody aware of any commit which could cause the PCI reset symptoms?
(very long day, will try to go through after some sleep)

Thanks,

-harry