Imunes and FreeBSD 8.0 RC2

Huth, Hans-Peter hans-peter.huth at siemens.com
Mon Nov 9 10:37:44 UTC 2009

> Hi,

> i have just installed FreeBSD 8.0 RC2 and wanted to play around
> with imunes/vimage, but i couldn't find it in the installed version
> (from DVD ISO). Did i just missed something, or what do i have to
> install something in addition? If so, FTP URLS would be helpful as my
> BSD machine is not in a network.

> Build a custom kernel with option VIMAGE. You can initialize a
vimage-enabled
>jail with:

> The work on vnet is well done, and has been reliable through all of my
load
> testing.

i have build the kernel now (from 8.0 RC2 DVD), but imunes and vimage
are still not there.
What is missing? Or am i stuck with Rel. 7 and patching? I want to play
around with the
Imunes network emulation features. Docu at
http://imunes.tel.fer.hr/virtnet/ does not help either,
directories under src are different.

(Sorry if this mail probably does not correctly goes as a reply to
previous mails, but now i'm
subscibed to the mailing list)

With best regards,
Hans-Peter Huth
Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
CT IC 2
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 Munich, Germany
Tel.: +49 (89) 636-43071
Fax: +49 (89) 636-51115
Mobile: +49 (173) 7068763
mailto:hans-peter.huth at siemens.com

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard
Cromme; Managing Board: Peter Loescher, Chairman, President and Chief
Executive Officer; Wolfgang Dehen, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser,
Barbara Kux, Hermann Requardt, Siegfried Russwurm, Peter Y. Solmssen;
Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries:
Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE
23691322

Important notice: This e-mail and any attachment thereof contain
corporate proprietary information. If you have received it by mistake,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and
its attachments from your system. Thank you.