usb/107827: [ohci] [panic] ohci_add_done addr not found

Antti Louko alo at louko.com
Sun Jan 11 08:20:04 PST 2009

The following reply was made to PR usb/107827; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Antti Louko <alo at louko.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Cc: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dorian_B=FCttner?= <dorian.buettner at gmx.de>,
 freebsd-usb at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: usb/107827: [ohci] [panic] ohci_add_done addr not found
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:19:40 +0200

 Dorian Büttner wrote:

 > I have the same board except the HDMI part, that should not disturb the
 > SB600 error. On your -current, did you test the GENERIC and/or the
 > USB2-Kernel?

 > Tried that yesterday and at least, it doesn't panic on boot so far. My
 > Logitech G15 Keyboard therefore is not detected, even after boot I can
 > attach/detach as muchas I want the USB simply doesn't care.

 > Attaching the razor mouse drops into db>

 > But I was able to mount a stick and get a dmesg out of it, if that is
 > anything useful.

 Dorian inspired an idea, and

 I configured a kernel _without_ USB and then loaded USB with different
 _load="YES" lines in loader.conf. After this, there is no more panic.

 I still have to find a way to boot from USB memory. I think loading mfs
 from USB should work as boot loader is supposed to support loading from
 USB memory.

 Still, the bug needs to be fixed.