USB Devices not getting detected with USB card on PCI express.

Upakul Barkakaty upakul at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 05:04:25 PST 2009

Hello

I’m stuck in the very same situation in an exactly same scenario. I’m using
“Emerson Networks mvme7100” board that contains the Free-scale MPC8641d
processor. The setup is exactly same as mentioned i.e.

[PowerPC controller]<-->[PCI Express]<-->[PCIe-to-PCI bridge]<-->[PCI USB
Card]<-->USB Device

And I’m getting SET_ADDR_FAILED error. I tried to debug this further at my
end and found this was perhaps due to interrupts not coming from the USB
controller. And yes, I verified that it works as expected in X-86 setup.
Also, the same USB controller works fine if I have PCI instead of PCI
Express in my setup.

My QUESTION: IS this a known issue? Or any other developer facing the same
issue?

Any suggested work around for the same?

Cheers!!