USB support in NDIS -- IFF_NEEDSGIANT?

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Mon Feb 16 12:24:48 PST 2009

Hi,

As long as there are locking mechanisms like this:

void
KeAcquireSpinLockAtDpcLevel(kspin_lock *lock)
{
	while (atomic_cmpset_acq_int((volatile u_int *)lock, 0, 1) == 0)
		/* sit and spin */;

	return;
}

inside if_ndis, the whole of NDIS needs to run under one lock. What is the
name of the "NDIS Giant Lock" after that "Giant" is removed from NDIS?

--HPS