keyboard and mouse issues

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Wed Jun 18 21:21:32 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:53:59 -0500
"Schlechter, Fred" <FRS at MacLeanPower.com> wrote:

> The mouse pointer disappears when keys are pressed on the keyboard.
> The mouse pointer reappears only when the mouse is moved or one of
> the mouse buttons is pressed. This happens only in the console and

AFAIK, this works as designed. And it has been working like that long
before 7.0.

> I really can't say if this is a bug, but it is annoying and this issue
> did not exist when using a PS2 mouse and keyboard.

Are you certain about that? I just tested a few systems here, and all
remove the mouse pointer i console when keys are pressed. Some of these
systems run FreeBSD 6.x, and one runs 7.0-stable.

HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen