keyboard and mouse issues

Schlechter, Fred FRS at MacLeanPower.com
Wed Jun 18 20:06:02 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a USB keyboard and mouse on FreeBSD 7.0 release.

The mouse pointer disappears when keys are pressed on the keyboard. The
mouse pointer reappears only when the mouse is moved or one of the mouse
buttons is pressed. This happens only in the console and when using any
kind of terminal emulator in X like KDE's konsole. The mouse and keyboard
are detected and work normally with the exception of this issue. I've
tried another kybrd/mouse and also moving them to the other USB port but
this didn't help.

In an effort to troubleshoot this problem I ran moused in the foreground
with logging turned on but I didn't see anything which looked to be an
error.

I really can't say if this is a bug, but it is annoying and this issue
did not exist when using a PS2 mouse and keyboard.

If anybody has seen this or has any suggestions, please reply.

Thank You,
Fred S.

The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential.
Therefore, if this message has been received in error, please delete it without reading it.
Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege.
Please do not disseminate this message without the permission of the author.