Copying to usb flash drive corrupts files

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Feb 19 16:36:51 PST 2008

In message: <90085DD7-B0D6-4F95-ACAA-664B04FC2E37 at mac.com>
            Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt at mac.com> writes:
:
: On Feb 19, 2008, at 3:12 PM, Łukasz Sromek wrote:
:
: > So I thought, maybe just reading is broken somehow. I've booted
: > freebsd again, mounted usb stick and copied some files. But when I
: > tried to read them under windows I got errors.
:
: We've ran into a bad USB-NAND flash controller revision
: here at work that resulted in lost writes. The problem
: was that a SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE command would stall the USB
: device, which we then cleared correctly, but a prior
: write would not hit the NAND flash.
:
: An USB analyzer would give us the information we need...

I have a MP3 player that says it is 2GB, but really is only 128MB.
any data placed beyond 128MB gives instantly corrupted results...

Warner