Copying to usb flash drive corrupts files

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Tue Feb 19 15:26:13 PST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008, at 3:12 PM, Łukasz Sromek wrote:

> So I thought, maybe just reading is broken somehow. I've booted
> freebsd again, mounted usb stick and copied some files. But when I
> tried to read them under windows I got errors.

We've ran into a bad USB-NAND flash controller revision
here at work that resulted in lost writes. The problem
was that a SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE command would stall the USB
device, which we then cleared correctly, but a prior
write would not hit the NAND flash.

An USB analyzer would give us the information we need...

FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt at mac.com