Prism54 USB Wireless Adapters

irchat at free.fr irchat at free.fr
Sat Jan 15 09:14:41 PST 2005

Hello,
I am trying to port the prism54-usb Linux driver to FreeBSD (see
http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54usb/index.html).
There's a big problem, I don't get the interrupt which should occur right
after the firmware upload to the ISL3886.
I have spent hours trying to debug this, I can't figure out why it doesn't
work. The interrupt callback functions seems to be properly set up, when I
unplug the device it is called to report the error (but should it be when the
device sends the interrupt, according to the way I've set up the pipe ?).
The log (download from http://yoshiyo.ath.cx/no_interrupt.log.bz2) looks the
same as the Linux driver's which gets that interrupt
(http://yoshiyo.ath.cx/seb/download/p54ulog_1612_good.txt.bz2). (I have
checked all data sent and received on each bulk pipe, it's the same).
The delays between data sends are respected.
My source code is at http://yoshiyo.ath.cx/p54u_nointerrupt.tar.bz2
Information about my wireless adapter (Siemens Gigaset USB Adapter 54) can be
found at http://yoshiyo.ath.cx/seb/prism54.html
I hope someone will be able to give me a clue, that's just driving me mad.
Thank you !
Sebastien