[USB] JetFlash TS1GJF2B 2.00 Attempt to query devicesizefailed: UNIT ATTENTION

Barry Bouwsma freebsd-misuser at remove-NOSPAM-to-reply.NOSPAM.dyndns.dk
Tue Jan 11 03:16:32 PST 2005

> This is as far as I can go without having my hand held. I would dearly
> like to get this UMASS device working.

> Can any USB wizards please suggest quirks etc that could result in a
> solution.

Seeing as no wizards have spoken up, I'll just say that as someone who
has no clue what I'm doing, try anything you can until something works,
which is what I've needed to do to get a few things working as I prefer.

A binary search is what I needed at least once.  Add a quirk entry for
your device, then include half the kitchen sink, and see if any of them
make a difference; then try the rest.  Some quirks may not be independent
of others, though.

Through a slow process of elimination, if you, like me, can't put a quirk
to its effects, you might come up with something to help.

In my 4.x source (where I do my work), I've played with things like
FORCE_SHORT_INQUIRY | NO_START_STOP | IGNORE_RESIDUE
NO_TEST_UNIT_READY | NO_GETMAXLUN | NO_INQUIRY | WRONG_CSWTAG

This is an unscientific trial-and-error thing, but if it's gotten me
results, it can't be all bad, given that I have no clue what I'm doing,
no?  (Three of my devices have gotten quirks this way)

barry bouwsma