Device seen through hub but not direct, Not power related.

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Mon Aug 15 12:06:26 GMT 2005

On 2 different hosts, ( 6.0Beta2 laptop & 4.10 on a tower ) I see
the same strange thing: my "JVC Handy Mouse HC-MM55U " (as labelled)
is not recognised when plugged in direct, but is via hub.

Assumption: "Power Hungry" is false as it's still recognised when
the hub is Not powered from mains (& nothing else is plugged on hub
to provide power).

The mouse stick is seen when plugged in direct on same laptop running XP.

Perhaps it's weird timing ?  If anyone has a clue & wants
to send me patches to test, I'd happily try them.

PS This stick mouse, is good for standing up doing presentations with a
projector/ beamer.  It works with X Windows.

# Stick Mouse
        vendor          0x04f1
        product         0x0001
        release         0x0001
        class           0x0000
        subclass        0x0000
        protocol        0x0000
        attach "/usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/${DEVNAME} -I /var/run/moused.${DEVNAME}.pid ; /usr/sbin/vidcontrol -m on"

# Hub:
usbd: driver-attach event cookie=7 devname=uhub3
USB_EVENT_DRIVER_ATTACH
usbd: device-attach event at 1124107507.384740000, USB2.0 Hub Controller, NEC Corporation:
  vndr=0x0409 prdct=0x0058 rlse=0x0100 clss=0x0009 subclss=0x0000 prtcl=0x0000
  device names: uhub3
usbd: Found action 'Hub Zedi' for USB2.0 Hub Controller, NEC Corporation at uhub3

--
Julian Stacey	Muenchner Unix Urlaubs Vertretung	http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii. Html dumped as Spam.  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.