usb/84936: install - usb keyboard not recognized

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Mon Aug 15 09:40:13 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR usb/84936; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs at flat.berklix.net>
To: Ke Han <ke.han at redstarling.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: usb/84936: install - usb keyboard not recognized
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:36:03 +0200

 Ke Han wrote:

 > When booting 6.0 beta2, I cannot seem to get the usb keyboard
 > recognized.  Either the installer needs to be smarter or some docs
 > need to be provided to figure out how to set/unset hint variable
 > for usb keyboards

 Presumably this is just an installer or default usbd.conf problem ?
 (As with my custom usbd.conf, both my USB keyboards work on an
 installed 6.0-BETA2 (both a real USB keyboard, & a ps/2 plugged
 into a ps2 to usb converter)).

 --
 Julian Stacey     Consultant Systems Engineer, Munich.     http://berklix.com
 Mail in Ascii (Html = Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.