Toshiba PDR-M4 digital camera hangs system

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Fri Nov 26 21:42:08 PST 2004

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 03:13:22AM -0500, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Toshiba PDR-M4 digital camera.
>
> When I connect the camera via USB cable to my system
> running -CURRENT, I get the following console messages:
>
> umass0: TOSHIBA PDR-M, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
> umass0: SCSI over Bulk-Only; quirks = 0x000
> umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (TIMEOUT)
> umass:0:0:-1 Attached to scbus0
>
> At this point my system is solidly hung, i.e. the system
> is unresponsive, and I cannot break into DDB with Ctrl-Alt-ESC.

I got a second machine and tried to do some debugging over
the serial port.  After connecting my Toshiba camera
to the system, I started debugging the system
at umass_cam_attach().  After tracing for a while,
I noticed that things seemed to be hung at on line 342 of usbdi.c:

    339         if (!xfer->done) {
    340                 if (pipe->device->bus->use_polling)
    341                         panic("usbd_transfer: not done");
    342                 tsleep(xfer, PRIBIO, "usbsyn", 0);
    343         }

Is this related to the tsleep() hack that Scott Mitchell
provided for 4.x?

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://crodrigues.org