USB Ethernet (aue) panics on 4.10 (kern/69319)

Josef Karthauser joe at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 15 01:16:42 PST 2004

Aue is quite stable under > 5 in this regard.  What is screwed, and has
been for a long time, is that it doesn't handle 100basetx at all well.
Very often just plugging into a 100base network freezes the machine
solid.  (Doing a preliminary 'ifconfig aue0 media 10baset/utp' some
times helps, but not always; quite often it will go 100base anyway! :().

Joe

--
Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/
FreeBSD (cvs meister, admin and hacker)     http://www.uk.FreeBSD.org/