[Differential] [Commented On] D1428: readelf: Handle note types from different operating systems

rpaulo (Rui Paulo) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 4 06:02:47 UTC 2015

rpaulo added a comment.

>>! In D1428#5, @emaste wrote:
>>>! In D1428#3, @rpaulo wrote:
>> This looks odd.  Why are we relying on magic numbers instead of constants/enums like before?
>
> Some of the constants in the previous version are Linux-specific, and don't exist in our ELF headers.
>
> We could make up our own constants (e.g. NT_LINUX_AUXV) but it doesn't seem like that would provide much value. The same constant name may have different values on different OSes.

The Linux note types are Linux specific.  Are you saying that FreeBSD reuses them ?

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1428

To: emaste
Cc: rpaulo, freebsd-toolchain