[Differential] [Commented On] D1428: readelf: Handle note types from different operating systems

emaste (Ed Maste) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 4 05:02:00 UTC 2015

emaste added a comment.

>>! In D1428#3, @rpaulo wrote:
> This looks odd.  Why are we relying on magic numbers instead of constants/enums like before?

Some of the constants in the previous version are Linux-specific, and don't exist in our ELF headers.

We could make up our own constants (e.g. NT_LINUX_AUXV) but it doesn't seem like that would provide much value. The same constant name may have different values on different OSes.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1428

To: emaste
Cc: rpaulo, freebsd-toolchain