ISA support added to oltr driver

Adam Kaufman adam_kaufman at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 14:51:43 PST 2003

--- "David S. Madole" <david at madole.net> wrote:
> According to trlld.h, 0x400 means "adapter cannot
> interrupt", suggesting a hardware configuration
> issue with the irq. Is there something else in the
> machine on irq 10 perhaps? Remember, ISA cards
> cannot share interrupts like PCI can.

Yes, there was something else on irq 10.

pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1000, dev=0x000f) at
13.1 irq 10
pci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> at
18.2 irq 10

> Might want to check in your BIOS setup to see if
> there is some built-in peripheral, maybe even ACPI,
> on irq 10, or if it's getting assigned to PCI
> devices and adjust the configuration accordingly.

I used the cfg3118.exe utility from the Olicom setup
disk to change the irq.  So, the output from dmesg now
looks like this:

oltr0: <Olicom ISA 16/4 Adapter (OC-3118)> at port
0xa20-0xa3f irq 7 drq 3 on isa0
oltr0: MAC address 00:00:83:7f:7c:a6
oltr0: ring insert (16 Mbps - TXI)
oltr0: Ring status change:  [Soft Error]

I only get one soft error, which I think I can safely
ignore.

I appreciate all your help.  Thank you!

-Adam