ISA support added to oltr driver

David S. Madole david at madole.net
Tue Dec 2 11:12:43 PST 2003

> --- "Adam Kaufman" <adam_kaufman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok, so I used the Olicom diagnostics disk to get the
> parameters for the card and it is recognized.  Here is
> the output from dmesg.
>
> oltr0: <Olicom ISA 16/4 Adapter (OC-3118)> at port
> 0xa20-0xa3f irq 10 drq 3 on isa0
> oltr0: MAC address 00:00:83:7f:7c:a6
>
> I have plugged into both a passive mau and a powered
> switch and when I do: 'ifconfig oltr0 up', I get these
> errors:
>
> oltr0: adapter init failure 0x400
> oltr0: adapter refused receive fragment  (rc = 1)

According to trlld.h, 0x400 means "adapter cannot interrupt", suggesting a
hardware configuration issue with the irq. Is there something else in the
machine on irq 10 perhaps? Remember, ISA cards cannot share interrupts
like PCI can.

Might want to check in your BIOS setup to see if there is some built-in
peripheral, maybe even ACPI, on irq 10, or if it's getting assigned to PCI
devices and adjust the configuration accordingly.

Dave