MFC req for 5.x/5.3

Scott Long scottl at freebsd.org
Sat Oct 30 15:05:25 PDT 2004

Julian Elischer wrote:

> Daniel Eischen wrote:

>>> commit message was:
>>> 1. Move thread list flags into new separate member, and atomically
>>>   put DEAD thread on GC list, this closes a race between pthread_join
>>>   and thr_cleanup.
>>> 2. Introduce a mutex to protect tcb initialization, tls allocation and
>>>   deallocation code in rtld seems no lock protection or it is broken,
>>>   under stress testing, memory is corrupted.
>>>

>>> translates to:
>>>

> [diff removed]
>

>> Yes, these look right.

Julian and all,

I know that re@ approved these a few days ago, but we haven't seen any
acticity and we need to get RC2 out so that SACK can get validated and
we can turn to -RELEASE.  I know it's very short notice, but I'm going
to retract this MFC approval and instead ask that you only commit it to
RELENG_5.

Scott