Loaded MySQL 4.0.18 w/ KSE running nicely

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Mon Mar 22 06:57:54 PST 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Julian Elischer wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Thomas Hurst wrote:
>
> > Just thought I'd make a little note to let people know that we're
> > successfully running MySQL 4.0.18 on 5.2.1-RELEASE-p3 dated Mar 18 using
> > libkse, after having raised thread limits to 500 per proc/150 per group:
> >
> >   Uptime: 233816
> >   Threads: 45
> >   Questions: 33388272
> >   Slow queries: 597
> >   Opens: 2725
> >   Flush tables: 1
> >   Open tables: 429
> >   Queries per second avg: 142.797
> >
> > This is running on 2*1266MHz Pentium III's with 4GB of memory, although
> > MySQL is "only" using about 1GB of it.  Main issue we've noticed is top
> > shows the main process as using 0.00% CPU; ps does too, but setting it
> > to display threads works as expected.
> >
> > We did try -CURRENT dated around the same time, but we were plagued with
> > MySQL lockups and such even using linuxthreads, which we've ran for over
> > a year fine on 4-STABLE, MySQL bugs notwithstanding.
> >
> > We're open to suggestions for improving performance and happy to test
> > things (within reason.. this is a production server ;)
>
> it's a pitty we can't see -current

Since 5.2[.1] doesn't have libpthread (it's still libkse),
I wonder if folks having problems don't have it compiled
and linked properly, or don't have a correct /etc/libmap.conf.
For instance, and libmap.conf entry of:

# Or whereever mysqld lives...
[/usr/local/libexec/mysqld]
libc_r.so.5	libpthread.so.1
libc_r.so.1	libpthread.so

may not be correct if mysqld depends on other libraries that
are also linked to any threads library other than libpthread.
'ldd /path/to/mysqld' will show you what libraries it is
linked to.