Loaded MySQL 4.0.18 w/ KSE running nicely

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Sun Mar 21 23:33:15 PST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Thomas Hurst wrote:

> Just thought I'd make a little note to let people know that we're
> successfully running MySQL 4.0.18 on 5.2.1-RELEASE-p3 dated Mar 18 using
> libkse, after having raised thread limits to 500 per proc/150 per group:
>
>   Uptime: 233816
>   Threads: 45
>   Questions: 33388272
>   Slow queries: 597
>   Opens: 2725
>   Flush tables: 1
>   Open tables: 429
>   Queries per second avg: 142.797
>
> This is running on 2*1266MHz Pentium III's with 4GB of memory, although
> MySQL is "only" using about 1GB of it.  Main issue we've noticed is top
> shows the main process as using 0.00% CPU; ps does too, but setting it
> to display threads works as expected.
>
> We did try -CURRENT dated around the same time, but we were plagued with
> MySQL lockups and such even using linuxthreads, which we've ran for over
> a year fine on 4-STABLE, MySQL bugs notwithstanding.
>
> We're open to suggestions for improving performance and happy to test
> things (within reason.. this is a production server ;)

it's a pitty we can't see -current

limits are increased to 500 and 1500
and code improved in several places.

it would also be interesting to see how it differs with
the package compiled to use process scope threads intead of system scope
threads. Dan had instructions to do that somewhere I think.

is 142 Queries per second ok or slow?
what were you getting before?