Create freebsd-testing-results@ list for Jenkins results?

Li-Wen Hsu lwhsu at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 23 04:07:53 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 21, 2015, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Most of the complaints revolve around size and volume of the emails. The
>> volume of the emails can’t be easily fixed (except if the code’s fixed), but
>> the size can be.
>>
>> I’m looking into it too to see if I can find anything to reduce the email
>> length in Jenkins…
>
> I just did that, along with some other modifications.  Sorry that I don't
> have much time right now to give the details.  I'll send another email to
> describe them later today.

I did following modifications earlier:

- Customize the notification mail body to just link to the
successful/failed build.
- Add Header: List-ID: FreeBSD CI Build Notifications <jenkins.freebsd.org>
- Add Header: Precedence: bulk

All three items are done by "Email-ext plugin."  Hope these changes
can make it less annoying, easier to filter and work nicer with other
MTAs.  It also can run scripts before sending mail.  In the future, we
can seek for ways to make notification mail more useful, such as using
digest scripts like whereintheworld.pl under tools/tools or utilities
from tinderbox.  I'm reading the code and doing test when I am free.
This might take some time.  As always, helps and suggestions are
definitely welcomed.

Li-Wen

--
Li-Wen Hsu