tests on kyua1.nyi.freebsd.org against HEAD failing

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 6 18:40:35 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 10:35:34AM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Peel, Casey <casey.peel at isilon.com> wrote:
> > Greetings all.
> >

> > Benno pointed out that the tests against the HEAD branch on http://kyua1.nyi.freebsd.org appear to be misconfigured - is this a known issue?
> >

> > from http://kyua1.nyi.freebsd.org/head/data/0-LATEST/output.log:
> >
> > ------------
> >
> > iterate: I: Fetching release.sh from svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/head
> >
> > A    /tmp/autotest.xkE99Xcm/release.sh
> >
> > Export complete.
> >
> > iterate: I: Running '/tmp/autotest.xkE99Xcm/release.sh -c /tmp/autotest.xkE99Xcm/release.conf' in /root/autotest/node
> >
> > svn: E670008: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'svn://svn.freebsd.orgbase/head' <---------- whoops!
> >
> > svn: E670008: Unknown hostname 'svn.freebsd.orgbase'
> >
> > iterate: W: Command failed with code 1
> >
> > iterate: E: release build failed
> >
> > ------------
> >

> > Based on http://kyua1.nyi.freebsd.org/head/data/, it looks like it stopped working at 20140226-004654 (Feb 26th).
>
> Hello Mr. Peel :)!
>
> Yes, that's definitely a bug because gjb changed how variables are
> defined in release.sh (mind the trailing slash!):
>
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/release/release.conf.sample?r1=259079&r2=262499
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/release/release.sh?r1=259955&r2=262499
>
> Too bad the extra slash wasn't kept in release.sh -- it would have
> avoided this breakage (I'm sure Julio isn't the only one who will have
> to update their release.conf).
>
> Julio,
>
> Looks like the NYI server needs to be updated and an extra slash needs
> to be added to the .conf file.

Yes, it was an unfortunate change, but sadly was the "best" way I could
find to change things around to be able to replace VCSCMD.

Sorry about the breakage it caused.  Changes like that will not be
a regular occurrence.

Glen