FD_SETSIZE

Sean Kelly smkelly at flightaware.com
Wed Nov 6 20:49:14 UTC 2013

At FlightAware, we are extensive users of both Tcl and FreeBSD. However, we are currently applying a local patch to the lang/tcl85 port to increase FD_SETSIZE from the default 1024 to 4096 so that select() can handle larger socket collections.

Would it be possible to get this patch added to the port? Alternatively, can we add a configure option to the port that enables this? I’d be happy to provide a patch or send-pr, I just want to see if there is interest/objections to this.

Thanks!

--
Sean Kelly
Director of IT Operations